HTTP ?

John Allspaw allspaw at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 06:39:54 PST 2004

What I mean is this...

Currently, as I understand it, memcached listens on a socket (IP/port)
and takes traffic from clients in various ways (php, perl, etc.) but
the protocol it talks is all raw TCP, yes ?

I'm wondering if anyone has written an HTTP (specifically 1.1) wrapper
for this traffic, so a POST could set/add/replace a key, and a GET
could get one.  In other words, you'd ask the memcached for data via a
URL.

any thoughts ?
--john