Announce: memcached 1.1.12

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Mon Apr 4 17:20:36 PDT 2005

Nobody gave me any feedback on the 1.1.12-rc1 release I did somewhat
recently so I'm going to assume it's cool.  Here's the 1.1.12 final
release, including also Don's recent patch.

ChangeLog since 1.1.11:

2005-04-04
        * patch from Don MacAskill <don at smugmug.com> 'flush_all' doesn't
        seem to work properly.  Basically, if you try to add a key which
        is present, but expired, the store fails but the old key is no
        longer expired.

        * release 1.1.12

2005-01-14
        * Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:25:59 -0600
          From: David Phillips <electrum at gmail.com>
        Here is a patch to configure.ac and Makefile.am to put the man page in
        the correct location.  Trying to install the man page from a
        subdirectory results in the subdirectory being used in the install
        path (it tries to install to doc/memcached.1).  This is the correct
        thing to  do:

        - create a Makefile.am in the doc directory that installs the man page
          with man_MANS
        - modify Makefile.am in the base directory to reference the doc
          directory using SUBDIRS
        - modify the AC_CONFIG_FILES macro in configure.ac to output the
          Makefile in doc

2005-01-14
        * pidfile saving support from Lisa Seelye <lisa at gentoo.org>, sent
          Jan 13, 2005

2005-01-14
        * don't delete libevent events that haven't been added (the deltimer)
          patch from Ted Schundler <tschundler at gmail.com>

2004-12-10
        * document -M and -r in manpage (Doug Porter <dsp at dsp.name>)

2004-07-22
        * fix buffer overflow in items.c with 250 byte keys along with
          other info on the same line going into a 256 byte char[].
          thanks to Andrei Nigmatulin <anight at monamour.ru>

2004-06-15
        * immediate deletes weren't being unlinked a few seconds,
          preventing "add" commands to the same key in that time period.
          thanks to Michael Alan Dorman <mdorman at debian.org> for the
          bug report and demo script.

Enjoy!
Brad