atomic get-then-delete command

scott moody conspyre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 15:18:20 PDT 2005

Hi Brad,

> Using memcached as a Linda tuplespace is kinda sick

I agree. I'm developing my service in Python. Abusing the memcached
server is much more efficient than any proper solution I could develop
in Python and, as a result, I'm layering all sorts of sick semantics
on-top-of your simple command set -- without a complete understanding
of the associated risks, of course. :-)

>I think the more appropriate verb is "grab"

Works for me.

> Do you license your contribution under the same terms as memcached itself?

Of course!  I'll probably spend a bit more time with the code before
submitting a patch.

Thanks,   Scott