Distributed Network Syncing

Jesse Brede jesse at blastro.com
Mon Aug 8 14:14:36 PDT 2005

Hello,

I am running 3 load balanced Gentoo web servers and on each server
running a copy of the php library of memcache.  I have setup memcache to
be distributed across all three webservers and under most cases this is
working fine.  However, if for some reason, a web server falls out, when
I bring it back up some entries in memcache seem to either be empty or
have bad data.  This bad data seems to  propogate across the network
until I have to bring all 3 memcache servers down, then start one, hit
the correct webpages to prime my data, and then start the other two
memcache servers back up.

My question is:  How does memcache sync data entries in a distributed
network?  Is there something that I need to do to resync the servers
correctly when one has gone down.

I appreciate any help,
Jesse