memcached(8) loosing fd events...

Sean Chittenden sean at gigave.com
Fri Aug 19 09:15:05 PDT 2005

> Maybe you could provide an example of proper setup and use of custom
> error handlers too ;) For some reason I can't seem to get it
> right...  I'm sure it's a brain dead mistake, if you look at the
> latest php-mcache beta it crashes during error handling if the
> server is down and you try a set.  Pretty irritating, but I haven't
> really had time to trace through everything yet.

You're probably missing this:

  MCM_ERR_INIT_CTXT(ctxt, ectxt);

in your error handler.  Check out mcm_err_func(MCM_ERR_FUNC_ARGS) as a
starting point, it's pretty basic but gets everything.  I've patched
your mcache lib with the above to fix the error handling problems.
pgmemcache has some code in there too...

http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/pgmemcache/pgmemcache/pgmemcache.c?rev=1.11&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup

Look for: memcache_err_func()

... I don't know that I have a URL for the ruby handler, but I think
those provide some decent examples.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden