memcached(8) loosing fd events...

Sean Chittenden sean at gigave.com
Tue Aug 23 00:21:11 PDT 2005

> Ok, so I fixed that error in php-mcache, but libmemcache seems to
> have an infinite loop of trying to do mcm_server_connect over and
> over when my server is down.
>
> I am setting the server to localhost on an invalid port, then doing
> a mcm_set, this causes an infinite loop of connection attempts
> immediately.  I think this should be trivial to reproduce, let me
> know if you can't.  Thanks.

Heh, yeah, Scott caught this brain-o and submitted a patch.  I've
fixed it in tree and should be posting new tarball shortly.  There
haven't been any other bug reports to date, which is either
encouraging or discouraging depending on how you look at it.  Given I
just introduced this brain-o, I'm leaning towards the positive side of
things right now.  :-]  -sc

Modified:
   lib/src/memcache.c

Log:
Fix mcm_server_deactivate() to take into account down servers.  Fix an
off-by-one error in mcm_server_find() that was causing problems when
detecting when a server hash index needed to be wrapped.

Submitted by:	Scott Wilson <scott.wilson at gmail.com>

--
Sean Chittenden