Newbie question

Jeff Rodenburg jeff.rodenburg at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 06:49:08 UTC 2005

Hi -

I'm new to memcached and need a little guidance.  I've got a relative
understanding of how memcached works and would like to monitor the service.
Is it possible to measure the available capacity of a running memcached
instance?  For example, considering a memcached daemon allocated 2GB of RAM,
how much available space exists on that instance?

My goal is to understand how much cache is being used in order to plan how
many more daemons/systems we need to allocate.  I'm not even sure if this is
an appropriate approach, but I wasn't able to find an answer in the mailing
list archives.

cheers,
-- j