Best practice for multi-table caching (to list)

Skylos skylos at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 17:53:36 PST 2005

Heh, missed the list on this one, wouldn't want to deprive ya'll of a
good possibility to slap me down!

Skylos

abstract the updates and retrievals to a class that handles data
retrieval/storage - whenever jonnyboy does anything that involves it,
the class will automatically update the cache to be most current based
on the logic that joe-bob coded in the module.

That way you normalize the code - there is only one place where a
title gets updated anywhere in the code - only one place possible - in
the module that has a method called 'update_title' or something - so
you don't have to worry about the memcached or whatever db or funky
shit that might be goin on in the background - all you have to do is
update the title.

Code functionality once.  Use it many times.

;)

Skylos