Typepad acquisition and memcached?

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Fri Jan 7 13:17:02 PST 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005, Russ Garrett wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-01-07 at 13:02 -0800, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> > So yes, I believe development will continue, and we'll continue to BSD
> > license our changes.
>
> A more probing question might be: will you still be open-sourcing any
> new useful tools you create? We're a big fan of memcached, and we're
> about to start using perlbal too, so it'll be cool if nothing changes in
> that regard :).

I'd imagine we'd release new infrastructure stuff still, yeah.  We just
can't open source server products they sell like their TypePad server
product.

> On a related note, did you get anywhere with that Perl Megaraid thing?
> I'm quite interested in that, since our arrays are essentially manually
> monitored at the moment...

Still waiting on specs from LSI ... we're making progress.

In the meantime with Linux 2.6 you can use the "LSI Legacy" driver which
has all the useful info in /proc which you can parse with anything.

- Brad