memcache(3) 1.2.1 RELEASE [bug fix]

Sean Chittenden sean at chittenden.org
Thu Jan 20 10:34:50 PST 2005

> Howdy.  memcache(3) is available for use.  1.2.0 had a last-minute
> brain-o wherein I was forgetting to free(3) a string after
> strdup()'ing it.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~seanc/libmemcache/
>
> The one gotcha that does exist in this release is that it doesn't
> build with the latest version of pmk.  If you've got 0.8.2, don't
> upgrade to 0.9.0.  pmk 0.9.0 doesn't grok comments, amongst other
> problems.  I'm hoping 0.9.1 will be cut shortly to address this.  As
> for other changes, it's pretty light from 1.2.0.

I just got a response from the pmk(1) author about this and have rolled
1.2.2 to fix building problems for people with pmk 0.9.0.  There are
*zero* functional differences between 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 so don't feel
compelled to upgrade if you don't want to (not that I'd imagine many
did in 12hrs).  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden