setMulti implementation for Java client?

Kevin Burton burton at rojo.com
Wed Jun 1 10:57:20 PDT 2005

About a month ago  I benchmarked the Java client implementation.

I noticed that using 1 getMulti instead of 1000 individual gets yielded
a BIG performance improvement (which of course makes a lot of sense).

The problem is that in my cache implementation I needed to do a lot of
individual sets and since there was no setMulti implementation I was
actually seeing that my memcached implementation was 8x slower than my
native mysql only implementation.

I'm trying to build a cache for our Torque OM layer (which has since
been tricked out and I'd like to OSS some day) where our objects would
be kept in memcached but with the current individual put implementation
it was about 8x SLOWER ...

Anyway.. If there aren't any plans for this I might end up implementing it.

Kevin

--

Use Rojo (RSS/Atom aggregator)! - visit http://rojo.com.
See irc.freenode.net #rojo if you want to chat.