stats cachedump

Anatoly Vorobey mellon at pobox.com
Fri Jun 3 08:16:33 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 11:12:21AM -0400, Patrick-Emmanuel Boulanger-Nadeau wrote:
> >>From my understanding, I though that object space was reclaimed only
> if there was none left. Am I wrong ??

Space taken up by expired items is reclaimed if the item is looked up
for any request (get, set, etc.), or when there is no space left and
it's one of the items that haven't been requested for the longest time
(in that case, there is no difference between expired and non-expired
items w.r.t. reclaiming their space).

--
avva
"There's nothing simply good, nor ill alone" -- John Donne