PHP Memcached Client (fwd)

Timo Ewalds timo at tzc.com
Thu Jun 9 16:29:57 PDT 2005

I've got two PHP memcached clients. One is a newer version of one of the
old ones (not the socket_... version, but the fsock... version). The
other is a wrapper around the original pecl version giving it support
for multiple servers. I still use them, but I expect the new pecl client
around the c library is better and faster than either of mine. After a
quick look through the native php version linked in the previous post,
it looks to be a bit cleaner than my native php version. If anyone wants
to host mine somewhere, I'd be more than willing to send it to you. No
matter what you do though, take down the original php client that uses
the socket_ functions. It does not work reliably (you may remember the
fuss about it on the mailing list about 6-10 months ago).

Timo