PHP Client Hangs Apache: Any Ideas?

Greg Grothaus greg at corga.com
Wed Mar 16 07:55:28 PST 2005

I tried using memcached across two servers using the PHP client.  After
running the servers for a few hours, the number of apache processes had
grown to the maximum number on the server and were requests were being
dropped.  The apache processes simply weren't terminating.  I can't
"prove" that it was memcached as the issue, but I've repeated this
experiment a number of times with and without memcached.  With
memcached, apache processes grow and never complete, without memcached
there is no problem.

Any idea as to what might be happenning here?
-Greg