memcached not expiring keys

eon webmaster at darkstarlings.com
Mon May 2 14:01:41 PDT 2005

Greetings-

I seem to have trouble with memcached not eliminating keys as it should.  I'm storing serialized (arrays) of data and specifying that they be held for 30 minutes.  It seems that the data is being held indefinitely.  I have no trouble manually updating or deleting the keys, it just seems that they do not expire as they should.

I'm using memcahced 1.1.12 with PHP and the client at http://phpca.cytherianage.net/memcached/

I'm running on Linux 2.4.x with poll (I know, you'll want me using epoll instead) and libevent 1.0e.

Any ideas you might have to share would be well received.

Thank you...

eon