memcached-1.1.12 does infinite loop

Elizabeth Mattijsen liz at dijkmat.nl
Mon May 23 03:26:00 PDT 2005

At 4:56 PM -0700 5/22/05, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
>A repeatable test case would be great.  Has anybody else on the list ran
>into this?

Maybe.  I've seen a memcached daemon spin for several minutes before
coming back to live.  I've attributed it to an excessive amount of
objects requested in a get_multi.  Since then I'm limiting to 512
objects per get_multi and I haven't seen the problem reoccur.

This was at significanly less set cmds (max about 10/sec) and get
cmds (max about 15/sec).

Liz