Max connection

Jon Drukman jsd at cluttered.com
Wed May 25 14:37:15 PDT 2005

Batara Kesuma wrote:
>>default max connection is 1024.
>>
>>with mod_perl you can have up to # of servers * # of apache
>>threads/children simultaneous connections, so it's likely adding more
>>servers bumped you over the 1024 connection limit.
>>
>>when i try to telnet directly to a memcached with max connections, i
>>get  an instant "Connection closed by remote", it doesn't hang around
>>and  timeout.
>
> Thank you very much for the reply. Sorry, it was an instant "Connection
> closed by remote" like you said. I will add more memcached servers today
> and see if it gets better.

more servers may help but don't forget that if you have a particularly
popular key it will only be on one server, and that one server needs to
be able to handle (max # of apache children * number of server box)
connections.  so if you have 10 servers and each server runs apache with
MaxClients = 200, you need to set your memcacheds to handle 2000 max
connections.

-jsd-