Strategies to cache from MySQL (or any DB I suppose)

mike mike503 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 14:51:25 PST 2005

I know what HEAP tables are :)

That won't necessarily help either. I'd just be duplicating data to
put it into RAM so it didn't have to use disk I/O. But it would still
be using all the query mechanics, saving only a little bit of
processing because it wouldn't have to hit the disk. I'd have to keep
the memory in some sort of disk-based table too, since HEAPs are
volatile... it doesn't meet my original desire of saving trips to the
database by using a standard wrapper mechanism (which could be
distributed and work out all the mechanics itself.)

(One could also suggest the NDBClusters, since those currently run
only in RAM as well...)

- mike