IPC::Lock::Memcached

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Fri Oct 21 15:02:11 PDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-21 at 14:53 -0700, Cahill, Earl wrote:
> A lock is released when you execute RELEASE_LOCK(), execute a new
> GET_LOCK() . . .
>
> So don't really want the lock getting released everytime someone calls
> GET_LOCK().

I think this only happens if the same connection calls GET_LOCK() again,
i.e. you can only have one lock at a time per connection, though that
may still be too limiting for your use.  If a different connection asks
for your lock, the lock will not be given out.

We should probably take any further MySQL discussion off-list, since
it's not really on-topic anymore.  The other changes sound good.

- Perrin