Multiple caches in memcached?

Steven Grimm sgrimm at facebook.com
Wed Aug 2 08:56:20 UTC 2006

There is no built-in support for separate namespaces, but we solve the
problem I think you're describing by just putting a short prefix at the
start of each key to indicate its type. If you really only have two data
types your prefix can be as small as a single character! That approach
works like a charm for us.

-Steve