Need different types of caches

Abhishek Pokharna pokharnaabhishek at yahoo.co.in
Fri Aug 18 12:09:06 UTC 2006

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Abhishek <abhishek.pareek at yahoo.com>
To: memcached at lists.danga.com
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 05:43:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Need different types of caches

Hi,
I was trying my hand on memcache - java version, experimenting a little bit. What i cannot understand is how do I keep different types of caches on memcache. I tried creating two separate SocketIOPool connections with same server address but different ports. See below :-
public MemCacheImpl() {
        String[] serverlist = {"172.16.2.82:11211"};
        String[] serverlist2 = {" 172.16.2.82:11212"};

        // initialize the pool for memcache servers
        SockIOPool pool = SockIOPool.getInstance();
        SockIOPool pool2 = SockIOPool.getInstance();
        pool.setServers(serverlist);
        pool2.setServers(serverlist2);

        pool.setInitConn(5);
        pool.setMinConn (5);
        pool.setMaxConn(50);
        pool.setMaintSleep(30);

        pool.setNagle(false);
        pool.initialize();
        //for pool2
        pool2.setInitConn(5);
        pool2.setMinConn (5);
        pool2.setMaxConn(50);
        pool2.setMaintSleep(30);

        pool2.setNagle(false);
        pool2.initialize();

    }
It gave an exception as ++++++ trying to initialize an already initialized pool.

By different types of caches I mean I need to store PersonCache, ProjectCache   in memcache. Currently I have these caches as implementation of Maps. But I want that a key  of particular map(cache) goes into one memcache server. How can I do that?
ie.
PersonCache = Map
Key = personID
value = PersonValueObject

ProjectCache = Map
Key  = projectID
Value = ProjectValueObject

Now, If I have two memcache servers running on different ports as mentioned above, how do I designate an Element(key-value) of PersonCache to go to only server1 and Element of ProjectCache to go to server2 ??

Can u pls tell me how can I create different caches on memcache? Also how can I create different configuration of SocketIOPool (s), so that they act as 'different caches' ??

Regards,
Abbey.