Is this insane?

Paul T pault12345 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 01:53:51 UTC 2006

In reality fetching from, say, mysql (even by primary
key) is orders of magnitude slower than fetching from
memcached. Networking part is different, price for
opening (and keeping) the connection is different e
t.c.

For example, memcached makes no calls to filesystem.
Basically, it is mostly OS that gets in the way.

Rgds.Paul.

PS. BTW, was there any mainstream relational database
designed to run on a cluster? I doubt.