How to get all the keys from servers?

Jamie McCarthy jamie at mccarthy.vg
Mon Dec 4 20:14:56 UTC 2006

renatosilveira at gmail.com (Renato Silveira) writes:

> I have to implement a routine that returns all the keys/values
> from memcached.

The short answer is, no, you probably don't.  To avoid a rehash of
this discussion please see:

http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2006-July/thread.html#2536

If you really do need this, I have a patch to 1.1.12 that implements
a "list" command, to return all keys on a server.  However it's
really hacked together, probably does memory allocation the wrong
way, and may cause infinite loops due to a bug I never bothered to
track down.  Plus I never really learned anything interesting from
experimenting with it.  Its use is not recommended.

But if you've read the above and really still want it, email me.
--
  Jamie McCarthy
 http://mccarthy.vg/
  jamie at mccarthy.vg