namespace bids

Michael Alan Dorman mdorman at tendentious.org
Fri Feb 3 18:08:27 UTC 2006

"Cahill, Earl" <ecahill at corp.untd.com> writes:
> Based on brad's silence, and the fact that he posted on a different
> topic, I get the idea that namespaces are never likely going to be in
> memcached.  Kind of hoped that if we offered to actually pay for it, it
> might make it in, but not looking like it.

Actually, if I remember right there was some discussion a year or two
ago about restructuring memcache from using hashes to a btree for
managing keys---which would allow you (on each node, of course) to
walk the tree and easily find an delete keys based on a prefix of the
keyname.

It's not impossible that I imagined this discussion, though.

Mike
--
I'm only happy when it's complicated -- Garbage, "Only Happy When It
Rains"