PECL memcache extension

Don MacAskill don at smugmug.com
Mon Feb 6 00:46:59 UTC 2006

What about the case where a new child spawns which doesn't know that the
server was offline?  It sees that it can connect, and assumes the data
is up-to-date.

If it's the first client to connect, though, it's getting stale data and
doesn't know that it needs to flush.  Whenever another client connects
which DOES know that it's stale, of course, it'll get flushed - but
there's still that window during which stale data could pollute things.

Which is why the only solution I've been able to think of is to
externally track the state.  Since you check the external state tracker
first, before building connections, you know which servers are "offline"
and can react accordingly.

Make sense?

Don