namespace bids

Cahill, Earl ecahill at corp.untd.com
Thu Feb 9 16:54:20 UTC 2006

> So what was the consensus on this? You must roll your own by storing
> cached keys in an external DB?

That is what it is sounding like to me.  I have yet to get any feedback
on the Cache::Memcached::Namespace solution that I proposed.  I also get
the feeling that brad really doesn't want to have memcached have
anything to do with namespaces.  Brad?  You out there?

> Is there a way to get an exhaustive list of keys? For my purposes, if
> there were a way to walk all keys, that's acceptable. I don't need a
> O(1) solution. O(N) is fine by me.

Yeah, for us, if clearing out the namespace takes a tenth of a second, I
think that would be just fine.  Mostly, I wouldn't want to slow down
gets.

I know namespaces would complicate things a bit, but man, I think it
would sure solve some issues for us.  I am working on an ap that has a
rather large db requirement, with information often changing, and being
able to cache most all of it in memcache, then wipe everything for a
given user at one time on a change?  Right now seems like a panacea.

Earl