Is memcached really faster than MySQL on very simple query?

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Fri Jul 14 19:55:49 UTC 2006

On Jul 14, 2006, at 9:48 AM, howard chen wrote:

A more interesting benchmark would have measured how many resources
were spent on the caching server vs the client.  I'm guessing with
MySQL the server put a lot more effort in where with memcached more
work was done on the client.  (In most cases the "client" is a lot
easier to scale than the "server").

Also: Even with InnoDB then MySQL will slow down in "real usage" with
both reads and writes.

In other words:  I don't think your test reflected real world
performance very well.

  - ask

--
http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/