php sessions and memcache

Richard Thomas lists at cyberlot.net
Mon Jul 17 21:29:40 UTC 2006

The problem is extra overhead, no matter what you do serialize and
unserialize are called.

So on a read you have to serialize the data even though its already in a
user format, on write you have to unserialize the input to your write
function.

Thats 2 serializes called that shouldn't be needed if you could disable
the sessions serializer.

That little overhead was enough that in my tests it wasn't really worth it.

Richard Thomas - CEO
Cyberlot Technologies Group Inc.
507.398.4124 - Voice