memcache bugs on 64-bit platforms?

Serhat Sakarya serhat at sakarya.nl
Tue Jul 25 22:03:31 UTC 2006

I'm trying to narrow down an issue with 1.1.13-pre2 that only occurs when
the store is done through a webserver that runs on the same node (lighttpd
1.1.14/fastcgi/PHP 5.1.4/APC-3.0.10/php memcache client 2.0.4); there is no
issue when the memcached runs on another server or I downgrade to 1.1.12.

Specifically, when I'm storing a large serialized array (300k+), the
subsequent get command results in the error "Failed to read, and not due to
blocking" on the memcached side. When I do a manual get through telnet, I
see that the data is successfully retrieved, but the final "END" is
missing... and it only happens for this value.

This seems symptomatic for an obscure bug... do you have any ideas about the
cause of this problem?

Regards,

Serhat