Strange memcached behavior on stress test

Paul T pault12345 at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 11 06:28:23 UTC 2006

Hi Steve,

> No this was 32bit linux with 6 GB of memory and the
> HUGEMEM kernel patch

A bit 'unusual' configuration, no?
64bit can be considered 'unusual' too.

> and a 1 GB memcache.
>
> Did you find out why this happened?

No.

> Did it go away and stay away after a restart?

Yes.

> How long do you typically run your memcached without
> a restart?

We restart it daily.

> This is a little worrisome, because our production
> boxes typically run
> 300-500 days without a reboot.

Hey, make sure your keys have no spaces in them ;-)

$c = new Cache();

$key = "somekey";
$val = "value";
$c->set ( $key, $val );
$the_val = $c->get( $key );

print ("Value: $val TheValue: $the_val \n");

$key = "some key";
$val = "value1";
$c->set ( $key, $val );
$the_val = $c->get( $key );

print ("Value: $val TheValue: $the_val \n");

pault at somehost:~/repos/rd/trunk/cache> php -q
Cache.php
<7 new client connection
<7 set somekey 0 0 5
>7 STORED