php, python, perl, again.

Brian Moon brianm at dealnews.com
Fri Jun 30 20:45:32 UTC 2006

Paul T wrote:
> Brian,
>
>  1. What are the sizes of the *values*?

They are $x (0-100).  That is what the set/get scripts set earlier.

>  2. Now for your curiosity - wrap the
>
>  for($x=0;$x<100;$x++){
>     $var = $MEMCACHE->get("thing$x");
>  }
>
>  In:
>
>  for($iterations=0;$iterations<10000;$iteration++){
>     for($x=0;$x<100;$x++){
>       $var = $MEMCACHE->get("thing$x");
>     }
>  }
>
>  Measuring 100 iterations rarely makes sense.

The code is all there.  Go for it.  I am done with these tests.  I have
blown way too many hours on it already and the results are really still
the same as when I started this in Februrary.

Besides, 1,000,000 memcache gets in one script is extreme.  On our
pages, we do upwards of 50 or 60.  So, I feel 100 is a good test.

Thanks for the feedback though.

--

Brian Moon