Confused on scaling memcached & persistant connections (w/ the PECL client)

Richard Thomas lists at cyberlot.net
Fri Mar 10 17:55:20 UTC 2006

It wouldn't be to hard to make a daemon to do this, heck I could do it
in php but would would the +++ outway the ---

The thought being if I get this right,

Apache -> Daemon -> Nonpersistant, but local connection overhead is so
small it doesn't matter? Or would this be persistant?

Daemon -> Memcache -> Persistent but pooled.

This way you could get away with fewer connections overall to the
Memcache server?

Richard Thomas - CEO
Cyberlot Technologies Group Inc.
507.398.4124 - Voice