Occasional slowness, hitting select_timeout in Cache::Memcached

Alex Greg alex.greg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 24 11:20:58 UTC 2006

On 3/23/06, Brad Fitzpatrick <brad at danga.com> wrote:
> It's hard to say without knowing what else is going on on that machine.

It's running a web server for some stuff that's pretty low-traffic (10
hits per minute).

> Is it reproducable enough that you can strace the server until it happens?

Unfortunately not; it happens largely at random.

I'll get some logging put in so I can get a better idea of how often
this happens, then do an strace based on that information (else the
strace will be huge).

> $ strace -ttt -s 1024 -f memcached.out memcached -u nobody -p 11211

Would it be OK to attach to the existing process, or do I have to restart it?

Regards,

-- Alex