Memcached for Win32

Jeremy Kronuz kronuz at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 29 21:38:43 UTC 2006

I just compiled a native Win32 version of memcached. I used the current
libevent (libevent-1.1a) and Memcached (memcached-1.1.12) I tried really,
really hard to find a working binary on the Internet, 'cause I'll use Win32
memcached for my tests at home, but I couldn't find a win32 binary.

I'm happy to share my changes to the code (which are not many and are mostly
based on an old post at CTOForADay.com called "Initial build of Win32
memcached available..." by Gregory Block, I think) with the community and my
binary file; in fact this message is to offer what I have, so maybe it can
be put at the official site if possible. Perhaps the guys at the official
site could make a warning that the provided Win32 binary is unsupported by
them or something, perhaps they could merge the changes into the main
code... who knows. If enough interest is shown, I might improve the changes
and maybe even try to make a NT service out of memcached too.

Okay, I truly hope my work can be used, I'll be waiting for some feedback.
If anyone is interested in the code and/or the binaries, please let me know.
The zip file with everything (including libevent) is 757 KB.

Sincerely,
Kronuz.