Installing memcached on Solaris 6

gotta go only4questions at gmail.com
Fri May 5 09:22:58 UTC 2006

Thanks alot, works and installs!

some feedback(and in case someone else has similar problems):

fails to make without setting LD_FLAG otherwise I get:
"undefined first referenced symbol in file inet_pton memcached.o"

%LDFLAGS=" -lresolv" ./configure --prefix=/usr/app/memcached/SunOS/
--with-libevent=/usr/app/memcached/SunOS/

In this installation 'libevent*' are  in a non standard location, however it
was not build with -R
so library dependancies are broken at runtime.

I set LD_RUN_PATH as an alternative but probably best that ./configure works
this out.

Thank you very much for your help.. Will report back on stablity etc..