curr_items never decreases

Just Marc marc at corky.net
Thu May 18 14:44:21 UTC 2006

Hello,

I'm using memcached 1.1.12 from Debian unstable, and it seems that even
though items do expire (verified by seeing that they are no longer
available after the timeout via mc_get), curr_items doesn't decrease, ever.

I'm attaching a test case piece of code.  Can be easily tested by
watching curr_items.

I skimped the code and it seems that curr_items is indeed supposed to
decrease, it's being called in item_unlink and in turn this gets called
when items are supposed to get deleted.

Am I missing something?  Looked in the archives but couldn't find a
response about it, even though someone asked.

Thanks