curr_items never decreases

Larry Leszczynski larryl at emailplus.org
Thu May 18 18:16:23 UTC 2006

Hi Stephen -

Then Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> Right, this is important to understand if the cache is large enough. If my
> business rules say the cache items should be available for 7 days, I need to
> know if I am pushing items out of the cache before that time.

But isn't this effectively (although maybe indirectly) just measured by
cache hit rate?  If you increase the cache size and the hit rate
increases, then stuff must have been getting pushed out before it expired.
But if you increase cache size and the hit rate stays about the same, then
likely things are expiring before they get pushed out.

Larry