file side memcached

Cahill, Earl ecahill at corp.untd.com
Tue May 30 22:09:45 UTC 2006

It might sound like heresy, and I know about tugela cache

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tugela_Cache

but I am wondering if anyone else would be interested in a file side
cache that mimics the memcached spec.  Mostly I am thinking that it
could work very well to be in front of Amazon's S3 storage service.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/browse.html/104-9358418-3750302?node=16427261

The problem for me is file size.  Maybe it wouldn't be an issue, but
tugela uses Berkeley db and I am thinking that maybe that wouldn't work
so hot for say photo storage.

For me, having a nice terabyte box or two in front of S3 I think would
work rather nicely.

Thanks,

Earl