file side memcached

Paul Querna chip at corelands.com
Wed May 31 01:19:24 UTC 2006

Cahill, Earl wrote:
>> BerkeleyDB is already used for multi-terabyte storage.  In fact,
> Amazon
>> uses it.  I don't think that would be an issue.
>
> Just to restate, BerkeleyDB, can easily handle large files (like 10 meg
> photos or the like), and I am betting tugela handles the locking issues
> that may have corrupted db files for me in the past?

While Berkeley DB can handle large values sizes (up to u_int32_t), there
are performance implications, and I would highly recommend you research
them and test them before storing large 10mb chunks of data in it :)

They are other issues with large data, such that you will most likely
want to use a variable sized value, which means you are unable to use
the Queue table type.

-Paul