file side memcached

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Wed May 31 16:56:37 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-05-30 at 17:20 -0700, Cahill, Earl wrote:
> Just to restate, BerkeleyDB, can easily handle large files (like 10 meg
> photos or the like)

Yes, I have put large objects into BerkeleyDB before and it seemed to
work fine.  You could rig something up yourself with mmap'ed files, but
it's really hard to beat BerkeleyDB on performance.

> and I am betting tugela handles the locking issues
> that may have corrupted db files for me in the past?

I've never used Tugela, so I can't vouch for how well it handles this.
However, backing wikipedia.com probably gives it a pretty good
shakedown.  I'd say it's worth trying at least.

- Perrin