Better server selection client code?

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Fri Nov 3 18:00:57 UTC 2006

On Tue, 17 Oct 2006, Andrew Harbick wrote:

> Earlier this summer Leon Brocard posted this message:
>
> ----
> "I've been toying with idea of using consistent hashes with memcached,
> but I don't really have enough servers for it to be worth it.
>
>     http://www8.org/w8-papers/2a-webserver/caching/paper2.html
>
> Leon"
> ----

Very cool!

And very simple to implement in the client without changing the server.

I'm now thinking about how I could merge this idea with the oft-discussed
vbucket idea on this list, to also solve the cache coherency problems
associated with flapping nodes, and without needing vbucket trackers.

- Brad