Is memcached a good way to store session share ammong web servers?

Marcus Bointon marcus at synchromedia.co.uk
Mon Nov 13 10:38:19 UTC 2006

On 13 Nov 2006, at 10:27, Peter Bengtson wrote:

> I'm sorry, but that's not correct: Memcache will not evict data but
> signal an error if the amount of memory you allocate to it is not
> enough, when configured to do so using the appropriate command-line
> option.

Fair enough, but it will then mean that users are denied access
instead of logged in users being kicked out. Still not good.
Personally I use Sharedance for sessions (with no database backing),
memcached for caching. Works great for me.

Marcus
--
Marcus Bointon
marcus at synchromedia.co.uk | http://www.synchromedia.co.uk/