Is memcached a good way to store session share ammong web servers?

Kevin Burton burton at tailrank.com
Thu Nov 16 04:09:35 UTC 2006

We (Tailrank) are using memcached to store PHP sessions. I can publish the
code if anyone's interested.  We basically save/restore $_SESSION within
memcached.

We over provision our memcached nodes so the LRU GC doesn't kick in.

It works really well.  This also means that our load balancer can be stupid
as hell and doesn't need to worry about what HTTP server to send a user
since any machine has access to the session anywhere with the cluster.

--
Founder/CEO Tailrank.com
Location: San Francisco, CA