memcached server hardware requirement?

Steven Grimm sgrimm at facebook.com
Thu Nov 30 20:14:50 UTC 2006

That depends. How many requests per second are you planning to throw at
memcached? How much data do you need to cache? How long on average do
you need it to stay in the cache? Is a given piece of data accessed
frequently over a brief period of time then not needed any more, or is
an old item as likely to be accessed as a new one? Are you trying to
reduce your database load by a modest amount, or to basically eliminate
everything but writes? The answers to those questions will have a big
effect on what your memcached installation needs to look like.

 From a brief look at your site it seems like you're running a web mail
service (my Chinese isn't good enough to tell much more than that) but I
can't tell how much traffic it gets or what its data access patterns are.

-Steve