memcached "backends" (was Re: Simple questions from memcachednewbie)

Jeetendra Mirchandani jeetum at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 20:58:34 UTC 2006

Hey Andy,
Let me try to explain a scene.

Say, the cache is all I can serve out to a user. Processing data taks
just too much time.
In case I see a cache miss, I dont serve out anything, but
asynchoronously bring the data into cache, so that next time the user
comes back, he should get the results.

In such a scene, losing a memcached instance means losing data, a lot
of it! Hence I would want to back up the data to mysql or bdb or a
similar persistent store.

There could be more use cases. I have encountered quite a few problems
that have this type of requirement!

-Jeetu

--
Regards,
Jeetu

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."