memcached "backends" (was Re: Simple questions from memcachednewbie)

Jehiah Czebotar jehiah at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 21:04:34 UTC 2006

On 10/12/06, Jeetendra Mirchandani <jeetum at gmail.com> wrote:
> In such a scene, losing a memcached instance means losing data, a lot
> of it! Hence I would want to back up the data to mysql or bdb or a
> similar persistent store.

Then you should check out Tugela Cache as Garth already mentioned in
this thread. It is a drop in replacement for the memcached server side
and stores things in a BDB file, so you don't loose data across
restarts.

ie: you still use the same memcache client libraries; aka "drop in"
replacment for the server

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tugela_Cache

Jehiah at gmail.com
http://jehiah.com/