MySQL cluster vs memcached

Kevin Burton burton at tailrank.com
Fri Oct 13 23:46:28 UTC 2006

> > We really suffer from MySQL replication scalability issues.
> > Basically you can scale reads but not writes.......
>
> Hello partitioning!   MySQL Cluster might help you, but probably a
> little in the same way buying higher end hardware will help.
>
> Open the first PDF from http://develooper.com/talks/ [1] - start at
> page 31.

Nah...... Buying more hardware is a cop out.... I'd rather do it right then
throw money at the problem.  With cluster I can scale out ... granted I
*might* be able to get MySQL replication scale far enough I might as well do
it right and at least parallel DBs are the way forward.

Kevin

--
Founder/CEO Tailrank.com
Location: San Francisco, CA