SERVER_ERROR object too large for cache

Steven Grimm sgrimm at facebook.com
Mon Oct 30 06:41:46 UTC 2006

You get that when you're *reading* an object? You should only get that
on a set/add/replace. Are you sure? Can you provide a reproducible test
case that returns that error on a "get"?

The maximum size is 1 megabyte. It can be increased; I believe there was
a patch (against the old 1.1.12 version) to do it. The trick is that
memcached's memory manager allocates memory in 1MB chunks, so increasing
the maximum is not just a matter of changing a "maximum object size"
setting somewhere. But it is certainly doable.

-Steve