How to maintain cache update on different memcached servers?

howard chen howachen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 31 15:33:43 UTC 2006

On 10/31/06, Daniel Beckham <dbeckham-memcached at dealnews.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think you will find much information in this area as it tends to
> fall outside of the normal usage of memcached.  Although, it has been
> discussed before in this list and some people are working towards a
> solution for this.
>
> These links and others in this thread might be of use to you.
>
> http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2006-October/002856.html
> http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2006-October/002891.html
>
> May I ask, why are you wanting to synchronize a group of memcached servers?

consider this suitation:

Machine A
MySQL Master A
Memcached A

Machine B
MySQL Slave B
Memcached B

Support a user query a object thru complex SQL join statement from
MySQL slave B, this object is cached using Memcached B, in order to
offload the MySQL slave B

Now, a row is being updated to MySQL master A, MySQL slave B get the
update thru MySQL replication, but memcached B is still holding the
old data

How would you do in this suitation?