Hashing uses port number?

Chris Newland chrisn at allipo.com
Fri Sep 1 16:14:57 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to simulate my production environment by running multiple
memcached servers on my dev machine (on different ports).

I can add the servers to the pool, and getExtendedStats for all of them
ok but when I try to write data, it only goes to the memcached that I
have connected to. (Using getExtendedStats curr_items to determine this).

Can someone let me know if the port is considered in the hashing algorithm?

I hope not as that would be an easy explanation.

I'm using Debian Sarge, memcached 2.0.4, PHP PECL memcache client.

Many thanks,

Chris